Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Sources of Reviews
SOURCES OF REVIEWS
- For the following databases – Music Index Online, Academic Search Complete, Academic OneFile, Wilson OmniFile Full Text Mega Edition, and Book Review Index Plus - search for the composer as a subject search. Choose appropriate subheadings. Typical subheadings include “Criticism and Interpretation”, “Influence”, “Research”, “Works”, etc.
- If you want reviews, combine the composer’s name with the word review.
Example: “Vivaldi and reviews”. (Be sure to include and.)
You can narrow this even more by adding the type of review. Examples:
“Vivaldi and reviews and book”
“Vivaldi and reviews and sound recording”
“Vivaldi and reviews and opera”
Once you have identified a review, you can
- Read it online if available in Full Text
- Read it in house if available in paper or microfiche
- Order it through Interlibrary Loan