Genealogy/Community History Committee
Charge: Determine what genealogy resources exist at the six area libraries and how best to communicate their availability to the community.
- Conduct an inventory of what genealogy resources exist at each of the six area libraries
- Explore whether a joint platform for access to these resources is warranted and what it would look like (LibGuide, web site, shared subscriptions, etc.?)
- Compose a communication plan to let community members know what genealogy resources exist in the area
- Identify areas which may warrant the development of joint print or digital collections, programming
- Experiment by conducting a genealogy program or two
Deliverable: Provide a report which documents what genealogy resources exist across the libraries, and includes recommendations for future resource sharing and programming as well as communication regarding the availability of these resources to the community. Report should be completed by June 2020, with an update to the Directors on December 2019.