Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- The Great Courses
- California Newsreel
- New Day Films
- Music Box Films
- Documentary Educational Resources
- and more
Please exercise caution in selection as some Kanopy's content is R-rated.
Most videos, even English language videos, have closed captions and/or transcripts.
- 26,000 streaming videos
- $135 per video per year - charged to the library
- When a streaming video is viewed for more than 30 seconds - four times, it triggers a one year subscription.
- The library pays all costs.
- Or you can watch three times for free.
- You can load a url to the entire streaming video or to individual segments.
- Some of this is R rated. If an otherwise good video has a inappropriate scene, you can edit it out by dividing the video into two long clips - absent the scene in the middle.
- Stats available.
- Cannot search by award winners.
- Provides Closed Captioning and Transcripts.
- Can show to large audiences as long as we do not charge.
PDA - Patron Determined Acquisitions
$135 per video per year.
When a streaming video is viewed for more than 30 seconds - four times, it triggers a one year subscription.
The library pays all costs.
Or you can watch three times for free.
Note: None of the PDA based streaming video sites are directly available to students as we cannot afford a large amount of viewing outside the classroom at $135/title. Instead Faculty are directed to the Streaming Video Support Page from the Faculty Support Guide. The idea is that they post links to individual videos from Canvas and they act as the gatekeepers to this content.