Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Online Resources for 21st Century Baptists –Organizations and Resources for Baptists who are Committed to Faith in Christ, Authority of Scripture, Missions, Evangelism, Priesthood of Believers, Freedom, and Christian Integrity. Organized by Baptists Today and BaptistLife.Com.
Baptist Studies Online - Maintained by Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, this site provides free access to the Journal of Baptists Studies, Primary Sources, and important internet links.
Finding Sermon Recordings
The Thrift Library has a large collection of recorded sermons in both Cassette and CD-ROM.
Go to the Library Catalog and search under "Preaching". Then limit to "Sound Recording".
Studies in Baptist History and Thought
The Thrift Library has many titles on Baptist History
including these published as part of the Studies
in Baptist History and Thought.
- At the Pure Fountain of Thy Word: Andrew Fuller
as an Apologist, Michael A. G. Haykin
- Baptism and the Baptists: Theology and Practice
in Twentieth Century Britain, Anthony R. Cross
- Baptist Identities: International Studies from the Seventeenth to the Twentieth Centuries, Ian M. Randall, Toivo Pilli and Anthony R. Cross
- Baptist Sacramentalism, vols. 1 & 2, Anthony R. Cross & Philip E. Thompson
- Calvinism, Communion and the Baptists: A study of English Calvinistic Baptists form the Late 1600s to the Early 1800s, Peter Naylor
- Catholic Reformed Theologian, D.B. Riker
- Counter-Cultural Communities: Baptistic Life in
Twentieth-Century Europe, Keith G. Jones & Ian M. Randall
- Dictionary of European Baptist Life and Thought ,
John H. Y. Briggs
- European Baptist Federation: A Case STudy in Vuropean Baptist Interdependency 1950-2006, Keith G. Jones
- Marianne Farningham: A plain Woman Worker, Linda Wilson
- More Than a Symbol: The British Baptist Recovery
of Baptismal Sacramentalism, Stanley K. Fowler
- Offering Christ to the World: Andrew Fuller and the Revival of Eighteenth Century Particular Baptist Life, Peter J. Morden
- On Being the Church: Revisioning Baptist Identity, Brian Haymes, Ruth Gouldbourne and Anthony R. Cross
- Paradox And Perseverance, Dennis C. Bustin
- Pulpit and People: Studies in Eighteenth-Century
Baptist Life and Thought, John H. Y. Briggs
- Recycling the Past or Researching History?: Studies in Baptist Historiography and Myths, Philip E. Thompson adn Anthony R. Cross
- Search for a Common Identity: The Origins of teh Baptist Union of Scotland 1800-1870, Brian R. Talbot
- Seditious Sectaryes: The Baptist Conventiclers of Oxford 1641-1691 v.1, Larry J. Kreitzer
- Seditious Sectaryes: The Baptist Conventiclers of Oxford 1641-1691 v.2, Larry J. Kreitzer
- To Express the Ineffable: The Hymns and
Spirituality of Anne Steele, Cynthia Y. Aalders
- Towards Baptist Catholicity: Essays on Tradition
and the Baptist Vision, Steven R. Harmon
- Tracks and Traces, Paul S. Fiddes
- Tribe of Dan, Frank W. Rinaldi
Baptist theologians / edited by Timothy George and David S. Dockery.
Call Number: BX6331.2 .B29 1990
Fibers of our faith / Dick Allen Rader, editor.
Call Number: BX6332 .F49 1995
General history of the Baptist denomination in America, and other parts of the world.
Call Number: BX6231 .B4 1971
"Lest we forget" heritage series [sound recording] : a collection of sermons that have impacted modern Southern Baptists life.
Call Number: CDNM BX6333.A1 L47 2002
a collection of sermons that have impacted modern Southern Baptist life.
Southern Baptist Research
To find books on Southern Baptists in the Library Catalog search under the following official subject terms:
- Southern Baptist Convention
Subtopics include such things as:
- Church history