1. How do I schedule a library orientation?
Contact your library liaison
2. What information should I provide?
Copy and paste the following (numbers 1-8) into an email to your liaison.
Research Instruction Request Form
The library will be happy to schedule the room for you if it is in the Thrift Building.
8. Do you have any other special requests/information relevant to this orientation (i.e. specific databases/resources to be covered,
WARNING! - Due to the large volume of orientations at the beginning of each semester, it is wise to make your request well in advance. This is especially true if you wish to meet in the Chapman Multimedia Center.
3. Does the library offer online research instruction?
Yes. Two Kinds.
1) Your library liaison can address your class, online in real time, via zoom.
2) The library has created a number of interactive, online tutorials that teach information literacy skills and assess students' understanding. And it can add specific topics upon request. Tutorials can be embedded directly in Canvas. By providing students with a canned orientation, you eliminate or greatly shorten the amount of time needed in class.