Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
CC0 public domain - pxhere
Gen Z Reading
Gen Z : The Culture, Beliefs and Motivations Shaping the Next Generation by
Call Number: BV4447 .B37 2018
The New Generation of Students: How Colleges Can Recruit, Teach, and Serve Gen Z
Call Number: LB2395.7 .S444 2018
Gen Z Characteristics
Gen Z Loves
- YouTube, TED Talks and
- Podcasts, blogs, video games
- Social Media
- Virtual and augmented reality
- Social Justice / Social responsibility
- Hands‐on learning opportunities
- Opportunities to immediately apply what they learn
- Flipped Classes
- Self-directed learning
- Flexible learning spaces.
- Self employment
- Seek to be happy in their careers, even if they have to sacrifice money
- On-demand services that are available at any time and with low barriers to access.
- Security and stability
Not So Much
- Sit and listen
- Theory divorced from real issues
- Closed book exams
- Traditional media - newspapers, magazines, TV and Radio stations
- Barriers to resources - The world should work like the internet - free, easy, fast.