The Thrift Library of Anderson University opened in January of 2007. It contains small group and individual study facilities, 12 reference computers, and seating for 250. It is wireless throughout.
Its collection consists of approximately 350,000 volumes including books, eBooks, bound periodicals, microfilm and fiche, audio visuals, CD-ROMs, and music CDs.
The library subscribes to over 200 databases and has full text access to more than 50,000 online periodicals, 350,000 eBooks, and other formats such as streaming audio and video.
Faculty, both full time and adjunct, are warmly encouraged to participate in developing the library's collections, website, and LibGuides.
1. Get an ID Card. Available through Human Resources. This will also serve as your Library Card which you must have to check out library materials.
2. Get an email name and password. Available through IT. This provides you access to the library's databases from off campus. It will also enable you to download eBooks from both on and off campus.
3. Bookmark the following high priority site in you online browser:
4. Set up accounts for eBooks on EBSCOhost and Adobe Digital Edition - This will allow you to download eBooks. (see About eBooks Research Guide)
6. Contact your library liaison and introduce yourself. He/She can suggest useful resources for your major and answer any questions you may have.
7. Review this entire Research Guide.
Titus Brown and Ethan White led a half-hour discussion of the minimal online presence people in academia ought to have. Notes from the call are below; to make a point-form story even pointier, please make yourself findable and shareable.
The library's regular hours are:
Sunday - 3:00 p.m. - Midnight
Mon-Thurs - 8:00 a.m. - Midnight
Friday - 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday - 11:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Library Schedule - Summer school, school holidays, end of semester hours, etc.
Library Calendar - Notes the library's hours for each day of the month.